Thank you for your interest in the Ready to Rise program.
The program is now full, and we are no longer accepting applications.
ETHOS has other programs however that may meet your needs:
- Entrepreneurs on the Rise – for British Columbia residents which aims to support eligible women with disabilities in British Columbia by giving them the opportunity to start their own businesses and attain financial stability.
- Skills Quest for Young Adults – for youth ages 16-29, South and Central Vancouver Island, focusing on the
9nine Skills for Success identified by the Government of Canada as required by today’s employers and essential in the workplace.
- QWORKS – is a FREE 20-week Skills Training for Employment Program, assisting members of British Columbia’s 2SLGBTQ+ community facing multiple barriers to find sustainable employment.
- Gray Skills – is a Skills Training for Employment program for mature workers with disabilities who reside on Vancouver Island. This FREE program is delivered virtually, and offers a community-focused, dual-track approach, incorporating foundational skills training and pre-employment preparation. The training is tailored based on individual needs, offering either employment or self-employment programming to best suit each participant.
- Business Works Central Alberta – a free 26-week long self-employment training program designed to help people shift from unemployment to self-employment in Central Alberta.
There may also be other programs and services in your area if you live in BC, please check your local WorkBC Centre. If you are in Alberta please check with Alberta Employment Services, Prospect or MCG Careers for assistance.
Welcome To Ready to Rise
The Ready to Rise Program is a 12 week self-paced online program for eligible women in British Columbia and Alberta, providing specialized skills training and individual support to enter or re-enter the workforce and/or return to school.
Would you like to be an employer?
You’re already a participant?
Our goal is to help eligible women in British Columbia and Alberta through personalized self-paced online training and 1:1 support to enter or re-enter the workforce and/or return to school.
The Ready to Rise Program is a FREE government-funded employment program for eligible women.
This self-paced online program provides specialized skills training and individual support to enter or re-enter the workforce and/or return to school.
Ready to Rise empowers eligible women to increase their job readiness skills through:
- Self-paced online employment workshops tailored to individual needs
- Specialized workshops
- Short-term skills training
- One-on-one support from your Success Team
Ready to Rise :
supports women by
Providing full scale and adaptable support for the needs of all participants.
Meeting our participants as who they are, where they are, in their employment journey.
Supporting our participants to move forward on their professional paths.
The Success Team creates an individualized learning plan for each participant to work through at their own pace.
Learn Life Skills
- Workplace communication
- Interpersonal life skills
- Conflict resolution and problem solving
- Self-care and wellness at work
- Goal setting and action planning for the future
- Success plans
- Cover letter, references, and resume building
- Interview skills and dealing with interview stress
- Job search strategies and the hidden job market
- Professional and social networking
- Creating an online profile
- Critical thinking and continuous learning
- Develop core competencies such as numeracy, critical reading, and writing
Specialized content specific to your needs
- Disclosing your disability
- Negotiating accommodations
- Legal rights and self-advocacy
- Identity at work
- Exploring and establishing boundaries
- How can people be their authentic selves in an organization and do it with confidence
- Relevant guest speakers with industry experience
Receive supports and/or referrals such as:
- Short-term certificate training
- Counselling/mental health
- Cultural connections
- Work gear/clothing
- Wage subsidy
Job Search Planning
- One-on-one employment coaching and job development
- Understanding and knowing your rights at work
- Connecting with inclusive employers
- Access to mentorship
- Stress management
- Ready to Rise provides up to 12-weeks of self-paced online programing followed by a 12-week work experience and/or a return to school.
- Lessons are delivered asynchronously – you can work on your own, at your own pace.
- We offer a dynamic blended model of programming comprised of skills training, guest speakers, targeted webinars, and breakout sessions.
- Participants will also participate in virtual interactive cultural workshops such as “Building a Dream…Catcher”.
- Racialized and/or Indigenous women;
- Women with Disabilities;
- Women from the LGBTQ2S+ community;
- Women who have been out of the workforce for some time.
- Legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial and federal legislation and regulations; and
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or persons who have been granted refugee status in Canada.
In order to participate you will need:
- Reliable internet access
- Microphone and speaker, or headset
- An environment where you feel comfortable participating
Do I get paid to participate?
What happens if I don’t have the required technology to participate?
Do I need to prove my disability?
I'm a student, can I still participate?
I'm already employed, can I still participate?
Phone | 250-210-3412
Email | [email protected]
Mailing | suite 305-80 Station Street, Duncan BC, V9L 1M4
Website | https://r2r.ethoscmg.com
ETHOS acknowledges with gratitude all the First Nations on whose traditional and unceded lands we work and provide service to residents of British Columbia and Alberta.
Created with images by Daniel Ernst – “Native south american woman working at computer” • Monkey Business – “Senior Taiwanese woman working on laptop” • Photographee.eu – “Woman on wheelchair and her co-worker” • Vitalii Vodolazskyi – “Individual Development Plan IDP on the wooden surface.” • ajr_images – “Closeup shot of young woman looking at camera in the city with copy space ” • Jacob Lund – “Architect modifying building floor plan” • Southworks – “Portrait of cheerful mixed age range multi ethnic women celebrating International Women’s Day” • Krakenimages.com – “Young man wearing woman make up and woman clothes looking to side, relax profile pose with natural face and confident smile.” • digitalskillet1 – “Mature older woman on her computer working from home.” • Vane Nunes – “Happy Latin American mother and son hugging each other at home – Family love concept – Focus on child face” • Rawpixel.com – “Contact Register Feedback Support Help Concept” • Krakenimages.com – “Young african american plus size woman over grey grunge wall wearing winter sweater smiling and looking at the camera pointing with two hands and fingers to the side.” • patpitchaya – “FAQ” • Jérôme Rommé – “light box message : Hello and welcome”